Topband: Another good morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Another good morning
From: gregsmith@futuredbn.co.za (Greg, ZS5K)
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 08:03:52 +0200
Great condx again at SR today.  First heard G3SED  with mid west about 0250,
both at 589.  Took some time to get attention - must move the PC into the
shack so I can "spot" myself!

Now I need some help.  Since things were so good, I tried to give the left
side a chance, by calling 6/7, but that was largely ignored.  I would like
to ask folks please to use a little judgement.  When things are marginal, I
am not going to hear the little guys anyway, so I would like the big guns to
give me a call, just so I know that someone is there.  When the band is wide
open, though, that is the chance for the little guys, or those who don't
often have the chance, so, unless you need ZS for a new one, please stand by
and let  them have their shot as well.

Working from this QTH is not like the higher latitudes, where openings last
for hours.  The band often only opens for 20-25 mins at SR, and sometimes
only 5 min, so I don't have time to work down the pile to reach the little
guys.

Let's hope we have many more like this morning.  It's already better than
last year.

73, Greg, ZS5K