Topband: Beverage Improvements?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage Improvements?
From: k6se@juno.com (Earl W Cunningham)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:16:09 -0700
Hardy's measurements are probably to be expected.  Adding short ground
rods soclose together wouldn't improve the ground connection
significantly.  His measurements are interesting, however, in that they
indicate close to 450 ohms resistive (through the 9:1 xfmr).

As far as grounds are concerned with a Beverage, I've noticed a
significant difference after adding one 125' radial at the terminated
end.  Better directivity was quite evident.  The single radial continues
in the same direction that the Beverage wire runs.  Not really
scientifically measured, because the only test equipment used was my
ears, hi.

73, de Earl, K6SE