Topband: Condx Tuesday Morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Condx Tuesday Morning
From: earlham@radiks.net (Iowaguy)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 13:27:01 -0500
Woke up early this morning (about 4:30 a.m. local/10:30z) and couldn't get
back to sleep so I fired up the rig.

At 10:41z found FO0KOJ calling a lonely CQ with no takers on 1826.  I
answered Koji and had a nice exchange.  He was 569 here most of the time but
with deep qsb that would take him completely out.

Tuned around a little after the qso with FO0KOJ and found VK9LX at 10:50z
also calling a lonely CQ up on 1832.  Having the Australs already confirmed
on 160, I stood by for a couple of minutes waiting for others to call.  No
one called so I finally gave him a call and had a clean exchange (he was 559
at best, 449 most of the time).  His signal then dropped strength and he was
339 for the next half hour or so that I listened.

VK6HF was also on 1829 and QSOd with Mike at 1100z.

Some nice conditions this morning although things sounded a little strange.
Perhaps the Boulder A index of 17 might contribute to that.
Signals on 40 mtrs were very warbly and watery here in Iowa.

Anyway, not a bad morning.  Things are looking up.

73 to all. . . Dave
W0FLS