Topband: loop

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: loop
From: riese-k3djc@juno.com (Bob RIESE)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:43:28 -0500
Having a reasonable L antenna for transmitting [120 ft long at 45 Ft
with 8 long radials, lots of chickenwire and 30 short radials] I have
been playing with 20 ft shielded loop for receiving.

I find it to work well on some stations and not so well on others, at
times signals are actually stronger on the loop than on the L, but other
times not.

The loop is horiz. polarized, would another loop set fer vert.
polarization and the MFJ box allow the combining/phasing of both
polarization for better signal capture and worth the effort

With limited space the size of the 20 ft loop fits well on the property
and really allows me to null out power line influence and I find it an
overall aid.

Just wondering if combining small shielded loops has been tried before or
not.

Bob  K3DJC