Topband: Re band conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Re band conditions
From: ilmo.anttila@qualisys.inet.fi (Ilmo Anttila)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:09:41 +0200
QAA11053
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

Hello Topbanders again

Thank You very much of response to my writing.
Seems that my points of view are not fully agreed.
My writing concerns band conditions here at Latitude 60.4 degrees. It is
very much different to latide level of 50 degrees, where Central Europe lives.
I have been often listening to QSOing from DL, G and OZ to NA without
hearing any sign of station befind Atlantic Ocean. For RX and TX I am using
a Four Square directed to NA plus three other directions if needed.

NOAA-estimates are a good sign of possibilities for QSOs to NW and NE.  If
signal has to pass through the red area, it most probably does it not. Red
area varies every day or hour and there are exceptions to this simple rule.
That is my practical experience.

73 and good QSOs in Contest

Ilmo OH2BO