Topband: Sunrise/Sunset Table

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Sunrise/Sunset Table
From: gtaft@voyager.net (George Taft)
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:35:52 -0500
<19991123.084030.8231.11.k1vr@juno.com>
Sender: owner-topband@contesting.com

Dear Fred and Reflectees!

Our administrator asked me to summarize the replies and I tried to
"skirt" the issue saying the replies were numerous and diverse - but you
and several others have shamed me into mentioning what others have found in
SR/SS table info.

So here are the online suggestions by subscribers:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>You might try the following.  You can print out the SR/SS for an entire
>year
>for any location you define, either by name or by lat/lon.
>http://aa.usno.navy.mil/AA/
>
>73, Dave, K1FK

>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>This site is easy to use:
>
>http://www.srrb.noaa.gov/highlights/sunrise/gen.html

73,  Terry K4RX

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>A Low Band Monitor subscriber told me about this site:
>
>http://www.e-discounter.net/chat/160.htm
>
>After the page loads go to GREYLINE and it gives you a daylight darkness
>map that updates.
>
>This is better than a chart!
>
>73, Lance  K0CS
>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Try this site:
>http://www.mindspring.com/~cavu/sunset.html
>
>Regards OT/73, Ed Chance K3JJG

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other software suggestions were geoclock, which I have in some of my
computers.  Also several logging programs and other software downloads. And
the good ole trusty ON4UN book of SR/SS - of which I have a copy - but
always at the wrong site, hi.

 I'd be happy to share these suggestions with subscribers if they Email me.

But I tried each of the 4 URL sites above and was able to discern the SR/SS
for world locations - one submitted by K0CS did connect to the DX summit
site for SR/SS info by callsign.  Others weren't ham related and required
city name or long & lat.but did a good job of telling one the desired info.

Hope they are of benefit to all.  And thanks for the nearly 30 replies to
my query.

Good hunting

73  George  W8UVZ