Topband: Fishing buoy beacon???

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fishing buoy beacon???
From: miltj@aepnet.com (Milt Jensen, N5IA)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:05:38 -0700 (MST)
Greetings,
        The last few evenings I have noticed a very strong signal at
1.819.1 mHz.  It identifies as 3NBM with the 3 second long dah afterwards,
the whole sequence repeating every 12 seconds.
        The signal has peaked at S-7 for long periods of time, with slow
QSB down to S-0, but never goes away.  The signal is strongest by far on
the 205 degree Beverage.
        I'm curious if anyone else is hearing the signal, and if it's
origin is know.  It sure is a good propagation beacon, but I don't know
where to.  Hi, hi!
        I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving Day in the US and that it
has been a good week for all those in other parts of the world.

                                                73 de Milt, N5IA