Topband: JA this morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA this morning
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com ()
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 07:42:36 -0600
Today was the best JA opening I've ever witnessed from Iowa.  It was
remarkable in every respect.  I got on about 10:30z and found things to be
pretty quiet.  Around 11:30z I heard VK6HD.  Mike had a good signal and was
working many station.  Around 11:40z JA1HQT showed up.  Gradually more
stations got on and by 12:30z the floodgates had opened and the JA window
literally sounded like 20 mtrs.   I worked most of what I heard which
included:

    JA1HQT, JA1JRK, JA1CGM, JF1NZW, JH8SRI, JA8ISU, JH0BQX, AND JA0MVW.

At my sunrise (abt 13:20z) JA1JRK was peaking at +15db/S9!  All JA signals
were peaking on the NW beverage (580', 2 wire).

73 to all. . . Dave
W0FLS