Topband: Unterminated Beverages

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Unterminated Beverages
From: rtym@ippt.gov.pl (Ryszard Tymkiewicz)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:46:53 +0100

>My Beverage is half on a neighbour's land and has to be virtually
>invisible.  Under these circumstances, I want the antenna to be as
>inconspicuous as possible - I do not want a visible termination, let alone
>a feeder on the neighbour's property.
>
>For people in my situation, an unterminated Beverage is a VERY GOOD ANTENNA
>INDEED!!!
>
>Vy 73,
>
>Steve, VK6VZ

I DO agree with you Steve.More than half of my Beverage is not on my
property /I have a garden 30X30m/ and sometimes I'm able to erect it only
for few days and I can't imagine to install it and reinstall each few days
with additionall coax.I have it now terminated to Far East and its working
very well but also in unterminated position it is MUCH BETTER than my
transmitting antenna into the West.

                       73 Rys SP5EWY