Topband: VE1ZZ

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VE1ZZ
From: wb6tza@socal.rr.com (wb6tza@socal.rr.com)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 17:22:42 -0800
Jacks "Beacon" signal was quite evident both trips to XZ1N.  A plot of that
path should take him thru the edge of the oval.

On the 1998 trip, I asked him to call in each night when he heard us.. many
nites he was the only signal west of G that we heard.

Jack is also one of only 3 stations I worked from T55C.

XZ0A will be active for 3+ weeks this Jan-Feb with hopefully MUCH better
receive antennas.  This should present a good opportunity to observe his
"beacon" and its relationship to other signals coming into deep Asia.

Some comment here from the VK/ZL crew on Jacks signal where he is the
farthest away should be interesting.

The Mysteries of Top Band.  They keep us all coming back for more....
saying WHAT is this band going to do THIS time to defy the rules!

73

Robin Critchell, WA6CDR
Top Band Captain, XZ0A