SV: Topband: Europe at USA West Coast Sunrise!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: Topband: Europe at USA West Coast Sunrise!
From: k6se@juno.com (k6se@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:29:40 -0800
Hi, Ken,

FB on hearing N7UA on LP.  He has a 4-square and was probably beaming on
LP for the mid-east (4X4NJ).

When I QSOd EU in December 1997 at my sunrise, it was definitely short
path.  I have a directional transmit array (2-el vertical) and the
northern EU signals could only be heard when I was beaming on short path
(northeast).

Certainly long path is also possible -- it's "gray line" propagation in
either direction, however many 160m QSOs with EU have been made at west
coast sunrise via the short path (I know of none on LP, but it's
certainly possible).

73, very Merry Christmas, de Earl, K6SE

P.S.  Earl, N6DX worked a UA3 many years ago via LP and N7UA has worked
several Scandinavians (a couple of OH's I think).  de W4ZV