Topband: Stew Conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Stew Conditions
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:16:54 EST
Wanted to make one general comment in light of the previous post and also
DJ7AA's comments on 3830.  I'm fairly new to top band and I'm not sure
exactly what constitutes the lower edge of the "DX Window", but most of the
European stations I worked were actually down between 1820-1830Khz.  It was
disconcerting to hear so many US stations calling CQ literally right on top
of the European stations, especially when there was plenty of room between
1800-1820 and above 1835.

Also wanted to say SP was great fun and express my appreciation to the
contest organizers.

Best holiday wishes to all,
Barry  N1EU