Topband: JA this opening this morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA this opening this morning
From: earlham@radiks.net (Iowaguy)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:45:51 -0600
Wow. . . what a morning.  I got to the radio at 12:33z, found the JA window
full of big signals and worked the following:

    JA1JRK    12:33Z
    JA3ONB
    JA1HQT
    JH0BBE
    JA7OEM
    UA0MF
    JA1VND
    JA4CQS
    JA2PJC
    JR6PGB
    JA7BXS
    KH2/K4SXT    13:33Z

Some of these stations were heard/worked for the first time.  Many stations
were S9. . . . the window sounded like 20 mtrs.  It's amazing that we have
had such good conditions to JA from the Midwest (I'm in Iowa), and such
consistently lousy conditions to Europe.  Last evening (Tuesday) was the
best night to Europe so far.  Last night produced qso's with G3PQA, SM4CAN,
and DJ7AA, none of which were terribly strong.  TX antenna here is an
elevated feed quarter wave vertical with 2 elevated radials, and two 2-wire
580' beverages oriented NE/SW and SE/NW.  Now if I can just catch the HL
station on topband.

73 and Happy Holidays to all. . . Dave
W0FLS