Topband: CQ DX DE AA6TT

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CQ DX DE AA6TT
From: william.hein@enigmadigital.com (William Hein)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:59:52 -0800
Hello Topanders!  A message to let my 160m DXing friends know what I'm up
to.

I started the Topband Internet mailing list about five years ago when I
lived in Colorado and had a nice big station (including a full size 4-square
on 160m) and the time to get on the air.

In 1996, I sold my Colorado ranch, bought a 270-acre farm in northern
Vermont and moved back to Los Angeles (a little confusing, I know).  I have
been extremely busy with my business ventures and have, sad to say, not been
on the air.  Three years ago, I merged my record label, Restless Records,
with New Regency, the film company who made "Heat," "L.A. Confidential" and
"Fight Club."

Around this time, Bill W0ZV took over Topband.  Several years later, I am
happy to see Topband more active than ever.  Thanks, Bill!

Last summer, with Pink Floyd & Peter Gabriel producer Bob Ezrin and other
partners, I launched Enigma Digital, an Internet Music Network.  I invite my
ham radio friends to check out some of our channels:

     http://www.knac.com (video and audio)
     http://www.luxuriamusic.com (audio)
     http://www.grooveradio.com (audio & video soon)
     with many more to go online in 2000

KNAC.COM has had log ins from 98 countries in the past six months.  Two
more, and we have eDXCC!  My DX background helps me read Internet logs; not
too many of my colleagues know where, say, Uzbekistan and UAE are.

I intend to start setting up my ham station in Vermont in summer 200 and
design it so I can control it remotely from California.  I would like to
hear from people who have set up remote ham stations and learn from their
experience.  I would also would like to hear from my old 160m DXing friends.
My email address is william.hein@enigmadigital.com

Happy Holidays & 73,

Bill AA6TT

*****