Topband: Boring Report - N6TR/7

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Boring Report - N6TR/7
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 29 Dec 1999 17:56:40 -0000

Finally, something to report.  The band finally opened a small crack
into Europe last night.  SM5EDX was worked and I2BBJ, DF2PY, EA6SX and
GI3OQR were heard.  However, there were lots of west coast stations
trying to get through.  I also managed 6W6JX who was louder than the
Europeans.

When I heard my cousin NI6T (who lives in a hole) calling guys, I
figured it was probably a high angle event.  Switching to the dipole
yielded better signals than listening with my phased verticals.

Also, the morning before, there were some pretty good signals from
Japan.

Hopefully the band is improving and we can wish many of my European
fields a HNY on the air.

73 Tree N6TR/7
n6tr@contesting.com

PS: Info on Stew Perry Contest at http://jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html