Topband: More LP JA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More LP JA
From: kaufmann@ll.mit.edu (John Kaufmann)
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 18:08:37 -0500
For the second consecutive day the long path to JA was open.   I heard (but
did not work) JA4LXY on 1911.9 around 2200Z tonight via the SE long path.
Signals were in for about 5 or 10 minutes at 449.  This is a very marginal
path which opens only very rarely.   Again the "beacons" were exceptionally
strong tonight, especially North Korea on 2850 kHz.  I'll continue
listening over the next two weeks, as we are probably at the seasonal peak
right now.   After mid-January, the LP propagation to JA will drop off very
quickly.

73, John W1FV

P.S.  John, let's hope it hangs in there for XZ0A...remember that the
S21XX guys worked a bunch of East Coast guys after 2300 UTC on Feb 4 in
1997...de W4ZV