Topband: 160m daylight path?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m daylight path?
From: w8ji@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 10:53:59 -0500
KL7Y wrote:

>> Backscatter and sidescatter from the earth's surface happen constantly.
>> While proposing exotic ionospheric solutions to skew paths is more fun,
>> bouncing off Mother Earth is well-grounded.

Reflection scattering would also explain the echo I hear of my own
signal (and other signals from this area) when the path skews.

The problem is there is no real way to measure the path, so we
can only try to find a model that fits everything that is going on.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com

P.S.  Lots of multipath from Japan on 80 today...signals about equal
from both 330 degrees and 210 degrees...de W4ZV