Topband: K6STI's rcv loop for 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K6STI's rcv loop for 160
From: Ku7i@worldnet.att.net (Lane Zeitler)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 07:24:38 -0800
Was wondering if anyone has tried the K6STI rcv loop that was in QST a few
years ago. Some kind of a horizonal loop that is close in size to a 40 meter
full wave loop with a phasing line of some sort down the middle of the loop.
I will have to dig up the article. Now that the elevated full-size inverted
L is complete (~150' long with 45' of it vertical, (20) 60 foot radials all
abt 10 feet off of the ground) I am active again on 160 but noise levels at
times can be over s-9.

Lane
Ku7i
San Diego