Topband: FT1000MP DSP performance (or lack thereof)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FT1000MP DSP performance (or lack thereof)
From: earlham@radiks.net (Iowaguy)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 23:09:55 -0600
Fellow topbanders:

Gosh. . . I've been flooded with comments, comparisons, anecdotes, and
observations about the 1000MP receiver performance and specifically, the DSP
performance. . . some of which are worth passing on.  Obviously, this is a
hot (and somewhat sore) subject.
I will say that the 20+ messages I've already received all point to the fact
that DSP which is at the audio level and not in the AGC loop is not really
effective.  I would be interested in hearing about experience from TS870
owners and from people who might have tried the new Icom Pro series.

I don't want to choke the reflector with comments so please send your
comments directly to me.  I'll summarize (if it appears there is really
merit in doing that) and pass on to the reflector.

73. . . Dave
W0FLS