Topband: HOW GOOD WERE CONDX?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: HOW GOOD WERE CONDX?
From: magoo@isp.on.ca (BILL MCHUGH)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:40:55 -0500
I have always entered the 160CW contest with 100 watts and employed the
"hunt and peck" method as it didn't seem practical to try and hold onto a
frequency.  On Saturday evening I parked on a frequency, hoping to work a
pile of NA stations before starting out on my hunt for more mults.

Imagine my surprise when DX station after DX station called ME!  In one 15
minute period around 0300 I had 9 EU stations call and get in the log.
Spectacular to say the least.   Also Australia on Saturday AM local.  Thanks
to the higher powered gentlemen who stood by  and let me work VK6VZ.

It was a lot of fun hearing DX from Eu at 599 PLUS for hours-all parts of
Eu, all excellent signals.  Amazing conditions and perhaps a sign of good
things to come on 160.

Bill, VE3CSK