Topband: ZK2 path to EU

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ZK2 path to EU
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:34:01 +0000
        Based on our XZ0A experience here in NA, those of you
in Europe may want to look for ZK2/K7CA beginning after his sunset
at 0600 UTC via a path to the Southwest.  For someone in ON4, your
sunrise is now about 0700, and I would expect to begin hearing his
signal around 0630.  This path is roughly equivalent to the path
we had to XZ0A at our sunrise, and it has been very good the past
few days.  The path may begin to the Southwest and shift to the West
or even Northwest as your sunrise approaches.

        Stations East of ON4 will have a shorter window, and if
your sunrise is 0620 or earlier, I would not expect that you will
have much of a chance.  Conversely, stations West of ON4 will have
a longer window.  I know some of you in Europe may be happy to see
all our reports of XZ0A end but now it is your turn to report any
unusual openings to ZK2!  Good luck and I hope many of you will
have the same luck we did with XZ0A.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV