Topband: VK and 1831 digital sig

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VK and 1831 digital sig
From: RobandPJ@compuserve.com (Robert G. Flory)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 07:04:59 -0500
Good Morning Topbanders,

Good condx to VK this AM, with VK6HD louder than many of the W4s that were
calling him at my sunrise, 1155z.  I QSOed with him at 1135 with 5 watts.
VK3IO also heard.

The digital signal on 1831 seems to correlate pretty well with the VK
opening most times I hear it.  Do you guys down under hear it ever?  It is
also on the same frequency as the 3LBP beacon which acts like a drift net
but has been around much longer than most of those which usually come and
go.

Also, does anyone know the QTH of the digital beacon on 1851 that seems to
be in Europe?

I did not hear the 1817/1819 ZL beacons the last 2 mornings while searching
for ZK/V7/VP6.

Has anyone successfully demodulated any of these beacons?

Rob K2WI