Topband: ZK2

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ZK2
From: k7ca@infowest.com (k7ca@infowest.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 01:56:49 +0000
Hello,

  We have static crashes here about S9 +20 but there is about 1 or 2 seconds
we can hear between crashes every 5 seconds or so and if you send 20-25 wpm and
send your call several times it makes it much faster to get your calls.  We can
only copy between crashes.  So if we do get an opening into Europe spread out
and keep giving your call until you hear me start sending.

  We got the 160m antenna repaired today.  The 80m trap was shorting but only
under load so we shorted it out and lengthened the top hat wires.  We will be
qrv tonight from 0530z on 1828.5 until sunrise at 1715z.  Then tomorrow we will
shorten the top hat wires and get on 80m, probably around 1805.  Are there any
better frequencys in EU?  I was told 3506.6 is good.  reply to
k7ca@infowest.com

73, Al ZK2CA