Topband: Topband Picking Up

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Topband Picking Up
From: herbs@islands.vi (Herb Schoenbohm)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:35:34 -0400
It may not be very scientific to draw such a conclusion but I got on
last night on 1833 to say hello to Wolf DF2PY and we chatted for a few
minutes before signing.  I was met by a wall of signals calling me from
Europe that really I have never experience such a pileup on this band
before.  In less than an hour I worked 45  European stations. Most were
a true 579 or above and my received reports were also in this range or
above.  This morning I heard ZL3REX thundering in on 1831 30 minutes
after sunrise working VE1ZZ.  We may have great conditions this weekend.

73,

Herb Schoenbohm KV4FZ