Topband: Intermod Software

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Intermod Software
From: herbs@islands.vi (Herbert Schoenbohm)
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 19:02:22 -0300
There have been several simple DOS based intermod programs available in
the past but finally a site management comapny TCS Consultants is
offering a superb Windows based Beta version free of charge.  This a
must for your software toolbox if you are interested in quick
calculation of complex combinations of AM broadcast transmitters.  Many
sites use common towers for two or three seperate frequencies or are
close to antenna farms that unless carefully monitored are capable of
making parts of the DX portion of topband useless for weak signal RX.

I entered a series of AM frequencies in this area and it took only a few
seconds for 4400 possible combinations to yield the offender from 1.800
to 1.840 mhz plugged in.

The software can be downloaded free of charge at http:www.tcstx.com
and please let me know if this Windows based program is of value to you.

73

Herb (KV4FZ)