No subject

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: herbs@islands.vi (Herbert Schoenbohm)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 08:46:45 -0300
George,  I read sometime in the past that the necessary wave tilt that makes a
Beverage develop its directional and performance criteria equates to the
propagation of the incoming signal differently over the wire and the poorer
conducting earth beneath it. If this theory is correct its would seem that and
long wires under the beverage and parallel with it would detract from the over
all performance.  There may be a way to isolate that interaction by the frequent
use of RF chokes at 100 foot intervals but I am not sure that is the right way
to solve the problem.  There is a rule of thumb established long ago, and it
still may be valid, that the poorer the ground underneath a beverage the better
the performance.  It this is true anything to enhance the conductivity of the
propagated path under a Beverage would seem to be a step in the wrong direction.

73

Herb (KV4FZ)