Topband: Question for the group

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Question for the group
From: k4wj@att.net (John K4WJ)
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 19:53:47 -0400
Goose,

I have an index of all the Ham Radio Magazines. I did a "find W6NRW" that
resulted in the following articles by Donald Hildreth . The last three
columns of data are page, month and year.

Advanced CW processor                          W6NRW  25  Dec 86
Audio processor, communications for reception  W6NRW  71  Jan 80
Binaural CW reception, synthesizer for         W6NRW  46  Nov 75
Sight and sound CW                             W6NRW  10  Jan 88
Synthesizer-filter, binaural                   W6NRW  52  Nov 76
Advanced CW processor                          W6NRW  25  Dec 86
Squelch, smart                                 W6NRW  37  Jun 83
Key toggle                                     W6NRW  50  Mar 79
Filter design, graphic                         W6NRW  37  Apr 84
Carrier-operated CW reception limiter          W6NRW 113  Sep 85
Audio processor, communications, for reception W6NRW  71  Jan 80
CW processor for communications receivers      W6NRW  17  Oct 71
Noise discriminator, a pulsewidth              W6NRW  23  Nov 84

It appears that Don was really into CW reception. I remember reading
something about Binaural CW reception just recently, maybe in the last two
years. If I find the article I'll let you know.

73..de John/K4WJ

P.S.  de W4ZV...AI6L also forwarded the following:

Here are some references that might be of use:

Blumer, M., WA1MKP (1974). "enhancing cw reception through a
simulated-stereo technique." Ham Radio 7(10): 53-55.

Campbell, R., KK7B (1999). "A Binaural I-Q Receiver." QST 83(3 (March)):
44-48.

Hildreth, D. E., W6NRW (1975). "Synthesizer for binaural CW reception." Ham
Radio 8(11 (November)): 46-48.

Hildreth, D. E., W6NRW (1980). "communications audio processor for
reception." Ham Radio 13(1  (January)): 71-79.

Hildreth, D. E., W6NRW (1985). "a carrier-activated CW reception limiter."
Ham Radio 18(9 (September)): 113-120.

73,    Jerry   AI6L (jerryandgail@earthlink.net)