Topband: Interesting Propagation - 7P8AA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Interesting Propagation - 7P8AA
From: dbowker@mail.sjv.net (Dave Bowker)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:03:42 -0400
7P8AA was booming into northern Maine around 0050Z - 0115Z last evening,
with his signal holding at solid 589 - 599 on the 1/4-wave vertical for a
good 20+ minutes.  Amazingly, he was not hearing the few east coast stations
calling, but was hearing and working a few EU stations (which could not be
heard here on any of the RX antennas).  He did respond to my call first as
"K2FK" and later as "OK1FK" (and never confirmed the correct call!), all the
while he was 589+ here.  We were apparently experiencing a type of one-way
propagation.  He was strongest on the 60*RX antenna, almost a 40* skew from
the great circle path.

73, Dave, K1FK
Fort Kent, ME

P.S.  Around 0115 he worked several stations in the W3/W4 area...de W4ZV.