Topband: FR/T

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FR/T
From: rtym@ippt.gov.pl (Ryszard Tymkiewicz)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 07:34:03 +0200
Hi,

I've thought FR/F6KDF/T will be easier than it has been,but at last...
Long time I haven't heard SO MANY stations from Europe calling them and
most of them big ones.
It seems the crew on Tromelin still have a problem with receiving signals
because of heavy QRN.
Last few days they have been much weaker than at the beggining but yesterday
condx have improved and they have been peaking even 579,unfortunatelly
they have announced QSY to 80m because of QRN .
Lately they were starting at 2000 utc but last night at 2200 utc.
At least in Central Europe they have the strongest signal around 2230 utc.
They are now always listening about 5-7 up.
Also I was getting up every night /more than one week/ at 0200 utc /0400 loc/
but I suppose for the last 4 days they were not trying at this time.
My XYL has been a little bit tired of my Topband hobby HI.

               73 and wish you ALL GL!!

                   73 Rys  SP5EWY (rtym@ippt.gov.pl, rtym@iname.com)

P.S.  Sorry, I've forgotten to add one thing.
Few days ago someone was making jamming,calling
TEST and making QRM on FR/T frequency using my
callsign.I don't know what to do in such situation
and I'v felt stressed to hear that, especially on Topband.
I'v noticed previously such accidents /f.e.with callsign of John ON4UN/
and I see it may happen to each of us.  SRI for that.