Topband: All PSK31 Enthusiasts

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: All PSK31 Enthusiasts
From: retire@rconnect.com (Larry Menzel)
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 07:59:26 -0500
Bill,

I'm sure I'll get my proverbial t-t in the ringer for this, but don't you
think it would be prudent to find another frequency for PSK
activity on top band?  I can only speak for myself, and PSK is a
great new mode, but 1824 would not seem to be the best place to exercise it.

Seems to me that 1820 to 1835 is where most DX concentrates on
160 meters and the CW portion of the band is very small to begin with.
There's plenty of band space that is lightly used that will allow PSK
without further reducing a very narrow CW window.  Just as a suggestion,
how about 1800 to 1805?  Except for contests, I hear little in that spot.

Just my $.02.

Larry, N0XB
Northfield, MN