Topband: 4W from Wyoming 12 Oct 2000

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 4W from Wyoming 12 Oct 2000
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:25:31 EDT
4W/N6FF was a solid copy well past sunrise this morning.  His signal peaked
here at around 12:15Z reading S7 on the Icom 756 listening with the Inv L.
With the JA Beverage, he was still moving the meter to S4.  10 minutes past
our sunrise, he was still hitting S4 on the Inv L.. I noticed a static noise
increase just as the disk of the sun was coming up here taking the noise
floor at about S1 on the meter to S3-4.  He was still a fine copy over the
static which is now steadily increasing.   Just prior to working him at
12:31, I noticed one of those power outages with them....it took about 3-4
minutes for them to come back on the air.  I could just see them as I heard
them working on getting the amp going again- ....I'm glad the 4W postings
have told of the power problems for a heads up on this- Its now 13:20..I need
my sunglasses on here in the shack as the window faces SE and the sun is
blinding me, and they are still in there solid copy moving the S meter 3 to 4
units, awesome guys!  - 73  Paul  N0AH

P.S.  Getting a lot of PSK 31 comments which I am going to forward to the
other 160 reflector at http://www.qth.net/archive/160m/160m.html
Several have said this is more appropriate for the band plan discussion
on that reflector.  73,  BIll  W4ZV