Topband: ZK1NJC from Wyoming

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ZK1NJC from Wyoming
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com (Dinsterdog@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 01:11:23 EST
Was a excellent copy here in Wyoming at 05:46Z and building louder at 06:05Z
on  1.832.5 working up 5, but I could only copy him on the VK beverage-
Patient op, he stood by for my call on several attempts until he worked me on
100 watts into a Inv L..............awesome!  He showed up a lot earlier then
I think anyone expected- For some reason, I always think of the Cook Islands
being a lot further west with the ZK prefix- BTW, it was great to finally
have a clear frequency inside the window to hear some real DX.  Perhaps this
was a good case for respecting the puny 5KHz of bandwidth for DX vs the
perpetual CQ's of stateside ops--  73 Paul N0AH