Topband: About the ZJ Electronics Beverage Box

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: About the ZJ Electronics Beverage Box
From: k4ldr@hitter.net (K4LDR)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:26:48 -0500
Ahoy Topbanders:

In my previous post as to whether ZJ Electronics was still
in biz or not, I failed to mention why I liked the ZJ
Beverage box.

Here's what I found to be of value.  Besides the unbalanced
coax feedline to single wire matching network, mine has a
20db amp and a bandpass filter built in.  A big plus for
me was that the amp and filter are located with the matching
network at the antenna in the field and the voltage for the
preamp is fed via the coax to the amp.  If the amp needs to
be disabled, then the wall-wart transformer is unplugged and
signals are still heard, though lower in strength.

It is a great device.

73,  Pete  K4LDR