Topband: Seeking donations for ZD7

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Seeking donations for ZD7
From: K0FF@ARRL.NET (K0FF)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:26:20 -0600
CONCERNING TOPBAND and VHF ON ZD7:

Once again trying to get a package of odds and ends together to send to St.
Helena.
Anything would be appreciated from your junkbox. They can't get even scrap
wire for antenna projects. Due to it's remote location, items of electronic
and radio usage are in short supply. We're talking about an island that's 5
miles wide and 10 miles
long, and is a thousand  miles of water away from the nearest land.
KD2GC and I decided to help out by getting a care package together.
I am donating a couple of Beverage transformer boxes and a 6M Copper Dipole,
and  a 2M Copper Dipole from my KITS.
KD2GC has come up with some wire, and will help in the organizational area
too. Anyone interested in donating PL259, or anything else that might be
useful in making antennas etc, from your junkboxes would be appreciated.
I think the boys would put a 6M beacon on if they could (one of my Copper
Dipoles would be great for that). When I explained about 2M EME, they were
pretty excited
about that too. They have basic equipment already, but amps and antennas are
nil.
Once it's all together, we'll need to find a group to sponsor the shipping
costs too. Thanks for you concern.

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO OTHER  GROUPS FOR THEIR CONSIDERATION

DE Geo KØFF