Topband: Skew path

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Skew path
From: w8ji@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 03:43:07 -0500
Local sunrise about 1200Z or so. 11/23 was an excellent example
of the SW skew to Asia on 160 that occurs on somewhat rare
occasions.

At 1120 or so 9M6MA and the JA's were SW, and of course I
received my best reports from them when transmitting SW. Signals
from JA were modest SW, and the strongest stations from JA
could barely be heard while listening NW path.

About 1140 the path NW started to appear, but JA signals were
weak and had rapid QSB. The SW path had slow QSB and
signals clearly started to fall in that direction.

At local sunrise, the JA's were totally gone SW but were very
strong NW. The VK's, all through this time, never shifted path.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com

P.S.  WWV Boulder K-index was 3 at 12 UTC on 11/23...de W4ZV.