Topband: Hint for ARRL contest

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Hint for ARRL contest
From: df2py@t-online.de (DF2PY)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 07:45:26 +0100
dear reflectees !
Although this is mainly a north american affair, a lot of EU gents like to
participate in the 160m contest.I want to share experience of bandopening for
the last days as an outlook for the near future.
The band seems to give up at about 0530z in central EU.It is a good hour and a
half before local sunrise !!!
It means for those who want to get a new state or just be in the fun that
staying up for USA sunset is better than getting up early for our sunrise.
It seems to make no more sense to wait for that "magic hour" before sunrise.
Band extended west only to TX and NE ( W5TM and K0HA ).
Would be interesting to have more observations reports.- see u in the contest
   73 de wolf