Topband: Phasing Inv.L question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Phasing Inv.L question
From: k8do@email.msn.com (k8do)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 08:16:40 -0500
My take on this...  Don't make something simple into something hard...

At 1.8mc for a 250 foot run, the difference  in loss between RG213 and some
form of hardline is inaudible to the ear, invisible to the S-meter, and not
worth the effort of trying to 'trick up' the installation...

I would make the feed point of each inv-L look like 50 ohms, first...
Simplest method (to me) is to make the L 5% long and use a series cap to
cancel the +J and, not so incidentally, have the coax into looking into ~50
ohms at the feed point...  Tom ,or Roy, et. al., may have a different spin
on it...

Denny