Topband: Spot Effect to North EU

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Spot Effect to North EU
From: peter.sally@pacific.net.sg (Peter Cook)
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 07:06:06 +0800
Folks,

Got on the air at 2122z early this morning and Svein LA3XI knocked my
socks off with a genuine 599+ signal.  Then lots more OH, SM, LA.  There
was a very interesting spot effect, one minute the OH's were very strong
then the SM's and LA's would predominate and later vice versa.  Little
else from EU apart from John ON4UN who was weak here today (worked John
with fb 599 on 19th Dec). Also little JA activity heard here today.

The band collapsed at 2230z, about 20mins before my sunrise. I will be
focussing on early morning operation (2130z-2300z) for the next weeks
when family/work/sleep allows.....

Happy New Year all,

Pete, 9V1PC