Topband: JA opening this morning

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA opening this morning
From: n4uk@mindspring.com (Ken Ramirez)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 19:08:21 -0000
           I heard at least 5 different JA calls this morning but only
managed to work JA1HQT and another Ja whose call I can't recall at this
moment (ssi/sni?). I seem to be hearing better than I'm being heard.
Inefficient radiator on my side or poor receive on the other end? I tried
numerous times for MVW and even more for  ja7ni but they did not hear me.
The JAs were heard nicely on my 550 ft beverage/preamp combo at 345
degrees. First JAs of the season for me. Still haven't heard a bang up
opening with loud signals as was the case numerous times last DX season. 73
Ken N4UK