Topband: 160m Tee antenna comments

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m Tee antenna comments
From: ARDUJENSKI@aol.com (ARDUJENSKI@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:54:22 EST
I want go back an qualify a note I made a few days ago regarding the Tee
antenna for 160m. Although the design was verified numbers wise from the use
of the programs by G4FGQ I was  introduced to the Tee by my friend Tim K3HX
in PA land. Tim provided me with the details of this little marvel. If you
missed it, it was a top loaded tee with 11m vertical, top load coil and 22m
top tee wire) The computer program only supported what Tim had graciously
shared with me.

If you missed my reference to Reg's  site:
http://www.btinternet.com/~g4fgq.regp/page3.html#S301";

The nice thing is that the computer programs verify what Tim already has
proven in practice which helps vsubstantiate the usefulness of these
programs. Thanks Reg for making these programs available. But as Tom W8JI
pointed out you need to be careful of computer programs. The important thing
to me was not the actual values but rather comparative performances. In this
case I did have the benefit of working with a proven design. Although the
actual values may not be 100 percent accurate, I  now have an antenna that
even with only 100w maximizes my signal until I can get that 22m vertical.
Now just need to add another 30 radials--smiles---  Thanks to Tim and Tom and
the othjers that have graciously shared their knowledge and candor .

Hopefully the contest coming up will give me an opportunity to really test it
out (smile). If you hear a weak cw signal with sort of a slow southern drawl,
that will be me (grin)     73s *******Alan KB7MBI**********