Topband: Inverted L Matching

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inverted L Matching
From: W4nf@aol.com (W4nf@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 23:26:25 EST
I have a 1/4 Wave inverted L that has the vertical section of about 75' and
the rest horizontal.  The ground radial system now consist of a total of 64
radials (16 of them 120' long and 48 of them 60' long).  The radials are on
the ground.  My lowest VSWR is 2:1 at 1.830 and it climbs quickly either side
of that freq.  I figure that the antenna is probably at about 35 ohms.  I'm
looking for some sort of homebrew design of a matching network either that I
can wind on a toroid or made out of a spool of coax, or something.  My amp
seems to tune up OK when I'm operating but if I go barefoot the rig cuts back
power quickly.  I could use the rigs antenna tuner but I figured that
matching the antenna at the feed point would probably be a better option.
Thanks, Jack W4NF