Topband: ARRL CW 160 condx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ARRL CW 160 condx
From: bogyo@helios.date.hu (Bogyo Istvan)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:00:44 +0100
Dear Fellow TopBanders,

I had to work on my amp late Friday night (it is still not quite OK as
I can hardly get more than 500 W out) so I only woke up Saturday
morning at 03:30 UTC. But from 0350 to 0550 I worked 102 W/VE
stations so I did feel VERY GUILTY... Most of the QSOs were East
Coast stations, with a few exeptions like N7JW, W0AH, K0HA,
W7FG (Okla) and a few from Texas. From W1-W4 I ony missed
Alabama.

I was fresh and well prepared for Saturday night, I started as early
as 2230 UTC, but it was a nightmare. Signals were weak, I made 1
(one) QSO in the first hour, 1 (one) in the second, and my best
hourly rate was 8 till about 0430, when it picked up a bit, and
signals became very strong. Worked mostly East Coast, with
K0RF as the only one West of the Mississippi.

Altogether 165 QSOs, 32 multipliers, that is, 15,840 points.

73 es DX

Steve HA0DU