Topband: 160 Antenna's Modeled

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 Antenna's Modeled
From: john.w1fv@telocity.com (John Kaufmann)
Date: 20 Apr 2001 10:51:59 -0700
On Thu, 19 April 2001, "Tom Rauch" wrote:

> The worse single investment I ever made was because I thought
> the 25-35 degree radiation peak of a dipole 5/8 wl high would be
> better than the low angle of a vertical.

I wonder how much of this difference is due to
angle-of-arrival and how much is polarization
(horizontal vs. vertical)?  It has been discussed
on this reflector and elsewhere that propagation
on 160 exhibits polarization dependence, at least
in the more northern latitudes, and tends to favor
vertical polarization.  Comments, anyone?

73, John W1FV