Topband: Tee Anntenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Tee Anntenna
From: jswords@zoomnet.net (Jerry Swords)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 18:27:58 -0400
Howdy All

What I am wanting to know is I made a TEE antenna over the weekend out
of 49 feet of 7/8 hardline, useing the outer shield as the feed point at
the bottom
of the vertical, and at the top I connected the center of the hardline
to the shield useing a 3/4 copper pipe, the flatop is a total of 86
feet, 43 feet on each side and this lets me have a SWR of no more than
1.8 over the entire band, when I was running the SWR test the antenna
was only 4 foot off the ground and the shield of the feed line was
connected to a 8 foot ground rod, will this antenna work as a vertical
for 160 with it being only 49 feet vertical and the tophat only 86 feet,
if eny of you have a program to take a look at this to see if it sould
work or not?

Thanks from N8WBV