Topband: Tee Setup

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Tee Setup
From: gmguerin@voyager.net (George & Marijke Guerin)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:06:28 -0400
N8WBV:
>Would the inverted L work better for me as far as getting a low angle
>antenna or will the 50' Tee work better than the 1/4 wave inverted L?

Hi Jerry, et. al.,

If you want only low angle radiation, use the Tee configuration.  The two
halves of the Tee top cancel each other.

If you want some high angle radiation for local contacts, use the Inverted-L
configuration.  The single "top loading wire" about 50 feet off the ground
radiates nearly straight up.

Don't forget you will need some matching to get up to 50 ohms.  With a good
ground, you will find somewhere around 20 - 25 ohms at resonance at the feed
point.  An L-network or an UnUn will do that for you

73        George        K8GG