Fwd: Topband: Detecting Noise Sources

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: Topband: Detecting Noise Sources
From: SavageBR@aol.com (SavageBR@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:26:08 EDT
Most 2 meter hand helds recieve AM in the aircraft band. I use mine at 130MHz
with a home made step switched RF attenuator and a home made 3 el yagi to
track down noise. By switching in the attenuator as you get closer to the
noise one can pinpoint the source. I got fast response from the power company
when I told them the problem was on the left side of a specific high voltage
power line tower. They also were very interested to find out how I found the
trouble.

Bruce  AA4Z