Topband: 160 DX Pedition Honor Roll

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 DX Pedition Honor Roll
From: btippett@alum.mit.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:40:23 +0100
        While compiling some data for the ARRL 160 Bandplan Committee,
I found an excellent source of data on recent DXpeditions from Jari
OH2BU.  He has compiled a very complete DXpedition spreadsheet including
band breakdowns when available.  Here are the Top 10 for 160...I included
the 160 antenna where I had definite info (please let me know of any
mistakes or additions and I will update if necessary):

                                160
Rank    Call            Year    QSO's   Antenna

1       XZ0A            2000    2385    full size 1/4 wave GP
2       FO0AAA          2000    2000    BCS
3       E44/HA1AG       1999    1579    Sloper by sea
4       D68C            2001    1395    Titanex
5       VK0IR           1997    1241    BCS
6       4J1FS           1992    1174    ?
7       R1MVA           1999    1168    Delta Loop
8       9M0C            1998    1149    BCS
9       3G0Y            2001    1052    Titanex
10      K5K             2000    1019    Titanex

        Congratulations to ALL of these expeditions!  It is truly amazing
that a station in Zone 26 leads the list and is a tribute to the outstanding
job by the XZ0A 160 team! (Milt N5IA, Robin WA6CDR, George V73GT, Steve G3VMW,
and Ray HS0/G3NOM)

        Note also the common denominator of large verticals!  For any not
familiar with these antennas, I provided links below.

                                                    73,  Bill  W4ZV

Battle Creek Special info:      http://www.pi4cc.nl/link/mkII.htm
Titanex info:      http://www.titanex.de/   (click on "Vertical Antennas")