Topband: Antenna Interaction Question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Antenna Interaction Question
From: Gary Breed" <gabnjb@earthlink.net (Gary Breed)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 22:46:39 -0400
K3ND:
> I'm considering building a K9AY loop array to replace
> a reversable EWE that I've never been all that happy
> with.  I'm wondering if anyone has installed one of
> these reasonably close to a tower or vertical antenna.

Stew and all,

If the K9AY loop (or any other RX loop) is placed this close to existing
structures, interaction is almost guaranteed.  Careful de-tuning of the TX
antennas has a small chance of success.  A workable solution is individual
loops, each oriented so its null is pointed toward the TX antenna to reduce
coupling, but detuning is still recommended.

73, Gary
K9AY