Topband: 160 Wire Resistance/Propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 Wire Resistance/Propagation
From: kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com (KN4LF, Thomas Giella)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:59:40 -0400
W8JI Said:
  I know it was a lot of work, but you quoted dc resistance.

KN4LF Says:
  Yeah,  I realized my error in reporting dc resistance AFTER I sent the
email to the list. :<( Though I have always used #12 stranded and covered
wire for my antennas, I do use solid wire only for matching networks and
station grounding, as well as to my homebrew spline balls/porcupines for
lightning protection.
  Also as far as propagation peaks, I've never noticed anything dramatic at
my local SS during summer or winter to the NE-E BUT have seen a SR peak to
VK6 in winter!

73,
Thomas Giella, KN4LF