Topband: Design Choices

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Design Choices
From: no2r@eclipse.net (Peter)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:59:22 -0400
have been using an inverted L pulled off my 110 foot tower.The L is 20
feet from the
tower at the bottom and 5 feet from the the tower at the 80 foot height
where is becomes
horizontal.Been a good antenna for me but as always looking for more.I
recently finished
putting up a 120 tower to the South West of the original tower with 125
foot spacing.The
line between the 2 towers is NE and SW and I have a cat line between the
towers for my
80 meter inverted V array.I was modelind a 2 element Inverted L array
for 160 when it
occured thet the new tower could act as the reflector for the original
L.I modeled it as so
and looks very good.Question # 1,how can I measure the electrical lenght
of the 2nd
tower and #2,should I just scrap the first L and shunt feed the First
tower since they are
so closely coupled anyway.The first tower has a KT34XA at 90 feet and a
Cushcraft  2
ele. 40 at 105'.Tnx guys Pete NO2R